Tigers @ Yankees | 3:35 p.m. ET | On the air: FOX/AM 1270 and 97.1 FM
Tigers History Lesson
On this Date in Tigers History
- 1973 – The Tigers acquired catcher Charlie Sands from the Pirates for RHP Chris Zachary
- 1996 – Cecil Fielder steals the first base of his 11-year major league career — in the 1,097th game that he’d played. This established the longest duration a player had ever gone without a stolen base.
- 2003 – The Tigers become the first major-league team to have four pitchers make their big-league debuts during the same game. Jeremy Bonderman, who gives up gives up six runs on nine hits in four innings, is followed by rookies Wilfredo Ledezma, Chris Spurling and Matt Roney in the 8-1 loss to the Twins.
- 2005 – The Tigers acquired RHP Matt Ginter from the Mets for LHP Steve Colyer
- 2007 – The Tigers begin the defense of their American League Championship with a 5-3 loss to the Blue Jays on Opening Day in Detroit.