Sorry for the delay in getting this installment posted. It’s still April 17 here in the Pacific time zone.
Tigers’ Record: 6-4, 2nd place
Tigers @ Mariners | 9:10 p.m. ET – Safeco Field, Seattle | On the air: FSD/1270 AM & 97.1 FM
Mariners 11 – Tigers 3
- W: Felix Hernandez, (1-0)
- L: Jeremy Bonderman (1-1)
Tigers History Lesson
On this Date in Tigers History
- 1955 – Al Kaline hits three home runs in Briggs Stadium, including a pair in the sixth inning, to drive in six runs. The Tigers pound the A’s 16-0, behind Steve Gromek‘s strong pitching.
- 1960 – The Tigers trade defending A.L. batting champ Harvey Kuenn to the Indians for the Tribe’s popular outfielder Rocky Colavito.
- 1993 – The Tigers score 20 runs in a game for the second time in a week, drubbing the Mariners, 20-3. Rob Deer scores four runs, while Travis Fryman has four hits and scores five times. Chad Kreuter adds four hits and three runs and Gary Thurman paces the Tigers with four RBI.