A colleague of mine passed along this Tigers internship opportunity for the coming season and I thought I’d share it. Don’t send applications to me, I’m just the messenger. Contact information is included at the end.
SPORTS BROADCASTING INTERNSHIP: Detroit Tigers.
This position is designed to assist with department activities, programs, planning and general office responsibilities. Create and communicate the clubâ€™s image and position in the consumer and business marketplace.
- Support the organization through an integrated and centralized media effort working collaboratively with new media, marketing partnerships, ticket operations, broadcasting, and community relations.
- Work directly with national and local broadcast rightsholders including, TBS, MLBN, NHK, ESPN, FOX, FS-Detroit, and WXYT The Ticket; Assisting with daily requests from the Tigers broadcast partners, Providing day-to-day support for onsite media interviews with players and front office staff promoting the Tigers business and community efforts, and Aiding the production of Detroit Tigers radio and TV game broadcasts, programming and broadcasters.
- Work with rightsholders in the areas of business, entertainment, health, technology, and community in order to deliver the Tigersâ€™ brand as a well-managed and diverse organization.
- Prepare message points and coordinate interviews with front office management and staff for rightsholders. Facilitate and track media exposure for team partners.
- The ideal candidate must:
- Be at least a college junior, senior or recent graduate (within 6 months).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Have excellent organizational skills.
- Be available full-time.
- Be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
The ideal candidate fluent in Spanish or Japanese would be a plus.
Internship duration: March 2010 through October 2010.
Please send resume here.
If you get the job, don’t forget the humble blogger that gave you the lead.