The Detroit Tigers Podcast #8: Ice Ice Baby, Too Cold
Posted on April 8, 2007
Welcome to The Detroit Tigers Podcast, the podcast for Tigers fans, by Tigers fans. This is Episode #8, a 49-minute podcast about the American League Champion Detroit Tigers recorded live from Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.Listen to the podcast on the show Web site: www.TigersPodcast.com.In this episode, we talk with Vince Gennaro, author of the new book Diamond Dollar$: The Economics of Winning in Baseball (Maple Street Press). Vince shares with us how major league teams â€” and the Tigers in particular – can adjust to the changing economic landscape in professional baseball.Excerpts from the book are available on The Hardball Times:
But first we cover:Random Items
- Gary Sheffield‘s book “Inside Power” was published on Opening Day and he was interviewed on NPR about the tome.
- See how Pudge lives on AT&T’s HomeTurf.
Around the Tigers Blogosphere
- Curtis Granderson has a blog at ESPN.com
- Lee Panas at Detroit Tiger Tales has done a terrific series of previews for all the Tigers minor league teams.
- Ian Casselberry last month took up residence at BlessYouBoys.com.
- Brian Borawski at TigerBlog.net celebrated four years of bloggin’.
- Billfer at DTW attended the second game of the year against the Blue Jays and is still thawing out. Check out his recap of Ring Day.
- Kurt wrote a nice profile of the Tigers current and future backup catcher, Mike Rabelo.
- Fox Sports.com – Tigers #6
- ESPN.com – #2 (behind the Yankees)
- CBS Sportsline: #4
- Baseball Prospectus: #12(!)
Download the audio file or grab the RSS feed here.Improve our iTunes Ranking: If you like the podcast, please leave a comment on our iTunes page!Comments? Leave a message on the listener line, (480) 383-6350, or leave a comment here!Talk to you next time…on The Detroit Tigers Podcast.Support the Podcast!Consider a donation of $1 a month to help offset hosting costs for the show and provide your host with a nice cup of coffee once in a while.